What to do in Milan
I’ve never been able to find my groove in Milan until this past trip. I don’t know if it was the location of my previous hotels, or just pure unfamiliarity that never allowed me to click with the city. This time, I was determined to make a change before completely ruling the city out. I chose to stay with Mandarin Oriental since I know their services are second to none and they’re always in a prime location; I was right! The concierge team made my stay a breeze by suggesting and booking reservations at local eateries. Reservations aren’t always needed, but since it was fashion week, tons of places were booked! I know the basic “hello”, “please”, and “thank you” in Italian, but unfortunately, that’ as far as I get. The concierge took the stress out of my hands and made this trip to Milan the very best.
A few new places Ash and I discovered that we must recommend are:
- Ratanà: If you’re looking for a modern take on traditional Milanese cuisine, or just an exquisite dinner altogether, I must suggest Ratanà! Milan is known for their risotto, and this chef has been raved to serve up some of the best in the city. We had the ‘Tagliolini Con Ragu’ Di Cinta Senese’ (pictured below) and it was amaaaaaazing! WE almost went back a second night it was that good. They have an amazing wine selection, so pick your preference, slow down, and enjoy a nice slow dinner.
- Deus Cafe Milano: Located in trendy Isola district, Deus Café is a must-visit for their tasty menu, a simple cappuccino, and great decor. If you’re a motorcycle aficionado like me, it’s worth the trip since they sell tons of brands and products not easily accessible at home, and at a much better price. This place is always a stop on our list in Milan.
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II: One of the oldest malls in the world, this place is such a site. There’s tons of shopping, restaurants, and the Duomo is just steps away.
- Gelato: You can find this anywhere in Italy, but the best we’ve found so far was right around the corner from the Galleries.
- Dry: Great pizza, amazing cocktails, trendy… need I say more?!
Hope you enjoyed this mini guide. I’m currently in an airplane on my way to NYC, then Canada for the first time. I can’t wait to share more but meanwhile, you can follow me on social for real time updates!